School Council 2023/24
Each Junior class has 2 elected representatives who work with Mrs Dodd to decide which topics and questions to put to their class. They also take suggestions from their class about how to improve school.
We have a very pro-active school council this year and for the first time have an online question and response system.
The first job for our newly elected school council is to choose House names for our four Houses following consultation with their classes.
Last year's school council worked on:
- promoted Macmillan coffee morning by making invitations and encouraging classes to bring in donations.
- Decided fundraising activities for each class
- designed adverts for book bench competitions
- consulted classes about school clubs
- consulted classes about the school grounds and improvements that could be made
- Discussed school meal choices to feedback to our school cook.
- Chosen Sleepover activities and Film night for each key stage
- discussed playground changes
- helped to plan anti bullying week
- decided skills builder topic to follow
- discussed where all pupils in school feel safe
- chose new clubs for the new academic school year