We are continually striving to improve our PE curriculum to ensure that all children enjoy their PE experience at Culcheth Primary School. Each week the children are taught using the scheme 'iPEP'. This focuses on the development of agility, balance and coordination, healthy competition and cooperative learning through a unique approach to teaching and learning in PE. The foundations of the scheme are based on Fundamental Movement Skills of agility, balance and coordination, inclusive competition and broader essential holistic skills.
Reception Skills Lists.docx
Year 2 PE indicators.docx
Year 1 PE indicators.docx
Year 3 PE indicators.docx
Year 5 PE indicators.docx
Year 4 PE indicators.docx
Year 6 PE indicators.docx
We are committed to using the School Games to try and engage those young people who haven’t previously been active or represented our school, to try and ensure that all our students have a positive experience and want to try out new activities beyond school and into our community. We believe in the power of physical activity and school sport as a school and giving opportunities to those young people that need it most.
So why did we receive PLATINUM?
As part of our application, we were asked to fulfil criteria in the areas linked to the five School Games outcomes and we are pleased that the hard work of everyone at our school has been rewarded this year.
The five school games Outcomes:
- Maintaining and growing their school’s engagement in the School Games and their delivery of 60 active minutes for every child.
- Creating positive experiences to ensure physical activity and competition provision is designed to reflect the motivation, competence and confidence of their young people and has a clear intent.
- A clear focus on particular transition points.
- Creating positive experiences that support the character development of their young people.
- Advocated to key stakeholders how the School Games makes a meaningful difference to the lives of children and young people, including engaging and educating their parents.
Our school received the ‘afPE quality mark’ award for our sporting achievements and high quality PE in our school. Well done to all the children, staff and governors for your hardwork and dedication to PE and sport in our school.